Imlil & Atlas Mountains Day Trip Overview:
The Atlas Mountains is the highest mountain in north africa, Mount Toubkal stretching to 4.165 meters above sea level.. These big chain of mountains divided into three parts: the Middle Atlas (north of Beni Mellal), the Anti-Atlas (south of Marrakech to Tafilalet) and the High Atlas Mountains between Marrakech and Ouarzazate and offer very impressive mountain biking trails, trekking trails and photography opportunities. These mountains are the highest in the region . The Atlas Mountains has walks to suit all abilities, but mules are also available in the villages if riding suits you better than trekking. The Authentic Berber villages offer stylish Moroccan accommodation in the local traditional houses and there are official guides available. The berber are the original people of Morocco who are enduring, hospitable and very friendly people.
Imlil is a small berber village with a large number of hotels and restaurants. Imlil situated at about 70km from Marrakech. It’s the last biggest village before the Atlas mountains and it is the start point of the hikes and treks to Toubkal or surrounding area.
High Atlas Mountains day trip description:
Departure from Marrakech early morning, towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnaouet (localmarket on Tuesdays), Valley Ghighaya, Moulay Brahim gorges, Asni (market on Saturdays) then between terraced fields of vegetables, fruit trees walnuts & cherries arrival to imlil 1740m, welcoming by a local guide with glass of mint tea, then riding mules or walking through berber villages ( Ait Souka, Targa Imoula, Tagadirte, between fields of fruit trees walnut, cherries, apples, vegetables, then passing by a waterfall before climbing to Armed village 1900m lunch at berber family with a view on the highest peak in North Africa Toubkal 4167m, visiting the village one of the oldest in massif, then going back down by the western way overlooking the Ait Mizane valley ancient irrigated terraced fields, passing by Ashien & Fimlil villages before the centre, end of trek & heading back to Marrakech.
Pick up time: 09:00am
drop off time: 05:00pm
Imlil & Atlas Mountains Day Trip Pricing:
|Number of People||Price|
|2 – 3 Pax||70€ per person|
|4 – 6 Pax||50€ per person|
|6 – 8 Pax||45€ per person|
Included in the price:
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the day trip
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation
- Mules ride to Aremd village
- Lunch is included at a berber house
- Short Walks, Breaks for photos,..Etc
- No Shopping stops
- Travel to the mountain village of Imlil on a full-day tripl
- Discover the stark, beautiful scenery of the High Atlas
- Mount a mule to climb from Imlil to Aroumd
- Enjoy a traditional meal in a Berber home.
- Visit a weekly Berber market ( Asni Market on Saturdays )
- See Berber villages and get a glimpse of local life
- Receive insights from a knowledgeable local guide